This course is recommended to those individuals who want a career in salaries and wages, or are experienced workers who are preparing for alternative certification in this area. This course is offered through certificate program for professional development.
This course focuses on taxation process, the filing of certain forms and relationship of payroll with other business systems such as HR. Students will be part of an active participation in presentations with a diversity of payroll systems as part of the course’s syllabus.
Summary of units being studied
- Payroll Related Tax & NI Contribution
- Payroll Accounting and Control
- Essentials of Employment Law
- Introduction to Payroll;
- List number of important mandatory records necessary for payroll;
- Documentation of employees’ payroll records
- Record and insert data from time sheets/vacation sheets correctly
- An overview of the various Tax rates, Social Security & Maternity Funds contributions
- Calculation and recording of related Tax, SSC and MF contributions per employee
- Government bonuses & Fringe benefits
- Processing of termination payments correctly within stipulated time;
- Preparation of a payslip; identify the difference between Gross pay & Net pay
- Self-cross checking of calculations and workings;
- Preparation of the final payroll list for all employees;
- Adhere to the Government law effecting the payroll process;
- Completion & filing of the various FSS records
After successfully passing all exams student will have achieved 1 credits in total. This qualification is recognized by the Malta Qualification Council as MQF Level 1.
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification but a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
- April 2020
- September 2020