City and Guilds Award in Accounting and Book-Keeping (OFQUAL No. 500/4768/1)
The aim of the qualification is to further develop the practices and processes studied at Levels 1 and 2 to enable candidates to record and interpret financial transactions up to and including final accounts.
- Prepare final accounts of sole trader, partnerships, companies and not-for-profit organisations from Conventional and incomplete records
- Prepare year end and other adjustments associated with the above variety of organisations
- Demonstrate an understanding of accounts through analysis and interpretation
What Careers Can This Lead To?
A range of careers are open to you on completion of these qualifications.
- Accounting technician
- Accounts clerk
- Finance clerk
- Private practice accountant
The qualifications provide knowledge related to the City & Guilds Level 2 and 3 NVQ in Accounting.
On completion of these qualifications’ candidates may progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 1-3 Award in Business Finance
- City & Guilds Level 1-3 Award in Computerised Accounts
- Level 3 Award in Accounting and Book-Keeping
- Accreditation No: 500/4768/1
- Type: Credit based qualification
- Credits: 8
- Guided Learning Hours: 60 – 60
- Total Qualification Time: 80