This course equips you with the skills you need to enhance the efficiency of a busy professional office. The aim of this Diploma is to provide participants with advanced skills and knowledge needed to become an effective employee. The practical nature of this programme ensures participants are equipped to play a vital administrative / accounting role of any organization. Participants will be equipped to interpret and synthesise information to confidently resolve complex issues which face today’s organisations. It is designed on a modular basis to meet the needs of working professionals. We train our administration and finance students so that they can achieve positions of responsibility in the accounting, financial and human resources departments of public and private companies.
We also encourage our students the entrepreneurial spirit, so that in the future they can stand out as entre-preneurs or independent professionals.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will have acquired a deeper understanding of how to interpret and use financial reports to make better business decisions and obtain a broader understanding of corporate finance to better assess the value of strategic decisions, including investment projects and acquisitions.
This course starts from the basics to advanced level of Book Keeping, Business Finance, Sage Computerised Accounts, Office Procedures, Customer Care, Payroll, Human Resources, Excel and Word processing.
Summary of units being studied
AWARD IN BUSINESS FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
- Computerised Accounts (Sage) Software
- Business Finance
- Book Keeping and Accounts
SECRETARIAL & ADMINISTRATION COURSE
- Accounts & Bookkeeping
- Computerised Accounts
- Business Finance
- Customer Care
- Word Processing
- Office Procedure
PAYROLL & EMPLOYMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Introduction to Payroll;
- List number of important mandatory records necessary for payroll;
- Documentation of employees’ payroll records
- Record and insert data from time sheets/vacation sheets correctly
- An overview of the various Tax rates, Social Security & Maternity Funds contributions
- Calculation and recording of related Tax, SSC and MF contributions per employee
- Government bonuses & Fringe benefits
- Processing of termination payments correctly within stipulated time;
- Preparation of a payslip; identify the difference between Gross pay & Net pay
- Self-cross checking of calculations and workings;
- Preparation of the final payroll list for all employees;
- Adhere to the Government law effecting the payroll process;
- Completion & filing of the various FSS records
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- An introduction to HR; purpose and importance of HR within the company
- Different employment contracts available (definite / indefinite / different probation periods)
- Procedure to follow when you are employing / registering or terminating employees (engagement / termination forms, JobsPlus, SCC Department & Inland Revenue)
- An insight to the employment law & employment conditions (DIER)
- Maintaining HR records (employment files, vacation leave & sick leave records) OFFICE ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
- Advanced administrative functions such as arranging travel and taking minutes.
- Executive support skills such as banking and payroll.
- Advanced Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel).
- Business writing, Internet research and report writing skills.
- Administrative office or professional office.
- Business Administration
- Administrative personnel.
- Basic to advanced Accounts techniques
- Job search and interview techniques.
- Develop your record keeping, financial and HR skills.
- Leadership skills needed by office supervisors.
- Develop your ICT skills and business communication;
- Manage a business environment and maintain your personal and professional development;
- Throughout the course you will also learn how to:
– Create and produce business documentation;
– Format documents and enter data;
– Communicate in a business environment (e.g. through memos, emails, reports and presentations).
- To help you to maximise your employment prospects, the Diploma will also help you to create an attractive CV, cover letter and personal statement to help you to reach the interview stage of a job application. We will also help you to prepare for job interviews.
- By the end of your Diploma, your administrative, customer service, ICT, technical writing, finance and HR skills will all have improved and you will have the confidence to seek employment, higher pay or a
- Understand the dynamics and goals of your organisation
- Understand the value of and be able to implement the day-to-day activity
- Present action plans with the aid of information technology
- Evaluate own strategy and identify own strength and weakness and modes of improvement
Responsible for collections.
- Responsible for public administration
- Understand how the economic outcomes of business decisions are reflected in an organisation’s financial reports;
- Communicate more effectively with their CFO and financial executives;
- Understand business valuation techniques;
- Hone the ability to assess the strengths and weaknesses of competitors by analysing their financial statements;
- Improve their ability to use financial information in managerial decision-making
- Assess the desirability and value of investment projects, corporate assets, and whole companies (acquisitions);
- Understand the impact of operating decisions on financial performance.
After successfully passing all exams student will have achieved 120 credits in total. This qualification is recognized bythe Malta Qualification Council as MQF Level 5.
Careers you can pursue on completion of this course
- Junior Auditor
- Commercial agent for insurance of banks and financial institutions.
- Administrative manager.
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification but a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
- February 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- August 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
1 Academic Year
ONLINE TUTION FEES
PER ACADEMIC YEAR AT LEARNKEY ON CAMPUS
Online Course 1st Monday of every month. On Camus 10th August , 12th October 2020, 5th Jan 2021