The OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Engineering has been developed to allow learners to gain understanding and knowledge across a range of Engineering practices.
The qualification enables learners to develop essential knowledge in areas such as engineering principles, design technology, electricity, mechanics, statistics and mathematics.
Successful completion of this qualification will prepare learners for employment in the engineering sector or further learning.
- OTHM Level 3 qualifications can be offered to learners from age 16.
- OTHM does not specify entry requirements for these qualifications. OTHM ensures that learners admitted to the programme have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
- OTHM centres must ensure learners are recruited with integrity onto appropriate qualifications that will meet their needs, enable and facilitate learning and achievement enable progression. The qualification is offered in English.
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page.
OTHM qualifications at Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
The OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Engineering consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 60 credits, 600 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 240 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Engineering Principles (10 credits)
- Design Technology (10 credits)
- Electricity (10 credits)
- Mechanics (10 credits)
- Introducing Statistics (10 credits)
- Mathematics (10 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning. The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Engineering provides learners with the opportunity for workplace and academic progressions to a wide range of OTHM Level 4 diplomas. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.
1 Academic Year
ONLINE TUTION FEES
PER ACADEMIC YEAR AT LEARNKEY ON CAMPUS
Online Course 1st Monday of every month. On Camus 10th August, 12th October 2020, 5th Jan 2021