The objective of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification is to provide learners with the skills and understanding in human resource management (HRM) that align with good strategic decision making to maintain organisations’ competitive advantage.
Learners acquire knowledge through an integrated approach of theory in human resource management and practice using real-time activities. Successful completion of this qualification will develop learners’ strategic human resource management and leadership skills and their ability to focus on the requirements of implementing an organisation’s strategy.
The Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or to work toward a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 7 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Master’s Degrees, Integrated Master’s Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Certificates.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification consists of 8 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Strategic Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Managing and Co-ordinating Human Resources (15 credits)
- Leadership and Management Development (15 credits)
- Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Global Talent Management (15 credits)
- Performance and Reward Management (15 credits)
- Employment Legislation (10 credits)
- Business Research Methods (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.