The objective of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for building a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change. The content of the qualification is focused on:
- managing business communication
- understanding the business environment and organisations in a global context
- business functions including people management
- quantitative methods in business
- finance for managers
- research and academic writing.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification will enable learners to progress to further study or employment.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 3 Award/Diploma or at the level of GCE/GCSE or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Research and Academic Writing (20 credits)
- Business Environment (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Communication (20 credits)
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Functions (20 credits)
- Introduction to Finance (20 credits)
Successful completion of Level 4 Diploma in Business Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programmes. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.
For more information, please download the OTHM official specification.
1 Academic Year
ONLINE TUTION FEES
PER ACADEMIC YEAR AT LEARNKEY ON CAMPUS
Online Course 1st Monday of every month. On Camus 10th August , 12th October 2020 , 5th Jan 2021